You're scheduling posts to your Instagram Business profile but notice that posts are failing with the message Instagram Business Profile not configured correctly or Business management permission not granted:
Whether this is the first time you've seen it, or it's been happening for a few days, this guide will show you how to fix it.
Why this happens
First, it's important to understand how an Instagram Business Profile is connected. Business Profiles have the "Business" status because they are converted using a Facebook Page.
Simply put, you connect to Social Report using your Personal Facebook Profile, then you give us access to both the Facebook Page & the Instagram Business Profile it's related to.
By understanding the relationship between Instagram & Facebook, you'll understand the causes:
- The Facebook Personal Profile used to connect this Instagram Business Profile is no longer an Admin of the Facebook Page associated with it.
- The Facebook Page associated with this Instagram Business Profile was used to convert another Instagram Profile.
- The Instagram Business Profile has been disconnected from the Facebook Page it was originally converted with.
Note: The following steps must be done using the Instagram app on your phone.Before starting this step, note that any insights or metrics from Instagram may be wiped completely. If there is data you need, make sure you export it first using "Data Download" in the IG App Settings.
Reconverting to Business Profile
1. Go to your mobile device, login to this Instagram profile and convert it back to personal.
2. Once again on your mobile device convert Instagram to business once more. Make sure you are selecting the correct Facebook page for that brand.
Do not click skip as this may create a brand new Facebook page for it.
You're all set.
From here you should go back to Social Report.
Click on Connect Profiles, select Instagram Business Profile and your newly converted profile should appear on the list: