As most marketing professionals and publishers will tell you, branded content is a hot commodity in the social media world right now.
This unique type of content—which involves marketers and publishers collaborating to co-produce a social media post or even full-blown campaign of pots—often attracts high engagement rates and much more meaningful dialogue with prospective customers than that of an organic post or outright advertising.
Here's a quick peek at what branded content looks like, posted by Lady Gaga (publisher) in partnership with Intel (branded sponsor):
Of course, there’s a chance you’ve yet to get the full download on branded content, let alone put it into play for your business or clients (and hey, that’s perfectly okay).
Below, we’ll run you through exactly what Facebook Branded Content is and looks like, how to easily create and schedule branded content within Social Report, and lastly an outline of its policies as stated by Facebook. Let’s jump in.
What is Branded Content?
Facebook defines branded content as:
"…a creator or publisher’s content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value.”
Examples of this include:
- Paid partnerships
- Any other third party products, brands, or business partners
Through branded content, a person or a company provides full disclosure of their affiliation with any brand which increases trust amongst its target audience.
Need a visual? Let's check out this example of a branded content post:
Viewers can click About This Partnership to see more details of the post:
As you can see, this content was created and posted by StyleNow Feed, and has been branded by Jasper's Boutique, for the purpose of promoting the boutique to Style Now Feed's audience.
Now, let's take a look at how you and your brand(s) can set up and begin created branded content for Facebook in Social Report.
First, Make Sure Your Facebook Page Is Brand Eligible
1. Go to your list of connected profiles, click the dropdown next to the Facebook page and select Account Profile:
2. The Facebook page with branded content tool should have "branded content eligible" label on its name:
If you do not see this label, it means that the page do not have access to branded content tool yet. Click here to request access for it. Approval is usually quick but can take up to 24 hours.
How to Post Branded Content in Social Report
1. Once confirmed that your page has the branded content tool, login to your Social Report dashboard and click to select the composer window:
Note: Make sure to select the page that has access to the branded content tool, otherwise the tag will not work.
3. In Step 3 of the main composer window, scroll down to Facebook branded content and search the brand you want to tag:
4. Once scheduled, you know that a post has a branded content tag if there is a handshake icon in the publishing calendar.
5. Once published, the post should appear with a Paid Partnership label and a tag to the business page. Check out the finished product below: