Click here to read the important steps required before direct scheduling content to Instagram.
In this article, we'll show you how you can start scheduling posts to your Instagram Business Profile. You'll learn how to:
- Post an Image
- Post Videos
- Post with Line Breaks
Posting an Image
- Compose your message and attach the photo. Note that we support multi-line posts; if you put line breaks - they will show up in posts as well.
2. If your image does not follow Instagram image guidelines, you will be prompted to edit the image:
Aspect Ratio - between 0.8 to 1.91
Minimum Resolution - 150 x 150
Maximum Resolution - 1920 x 1080
File size: 5mb
3. Once you click edit, the image resolution will automatically be adjusted to optimal settings. If it is an aspect ratio issue, you would need to select "Crop" and edit the photo based on the provided aspect ratio requirements. The image's aspect ratio and resolution will appear on the lower left part of the photo editor screen and will be marked RED if it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
4. Once done editing the photo, go to Advanced Settings to add a Place Location and Additional Comment (This option only appears if you have Instagram selected as your target profile).
Note: Additional comment has a limit of 2200 characters while hashtags are always limited to 30.
5. Once published, the post should now appear directly in Instagram with the location and comment:
To post videos you'll want to click on "attach media" and select your source:
- Upload video from your computer
- Upload video from an external folder (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive)
No notifications necessary, your video will be published to Instagram automatically.
Instagram does allow users the ability to put content on different lines and even have blank lines but they support it in a very special way. See the below image. On the left - post composed in Social Report, on the right, how it was posted on Instagram. Few things to note:
- If you are just putting content on a new line - nothing special needs to happen. See line1 and line2 on the picture. Just a simple line break.
- If you are looking to have just a blank line - you have 2 options:
- Leave the line blank
- Place a dot on the line
Regardless of the approach, an empty line will show with a dot symbol on Instagram.
Limitations on Direct Scheduling with Instagram
Instagram is still working on their direct publishing API and as a result few limitations do apply:
- While you can include the links in posts—they won't be clickable
- Currently only one image or one video can be posted
- Posting GIFs is not currently supported
- Images must be within 0.8 to 1.91 aspect ratio range (you will be prompted to edit with our built in photo editor if your image does not meet these requirements)
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Instagram is actively working on it and will add more features soon. Stay tuned for future updates.