Direct Instagram scheduling depends heavily on correct conversion of Instagram personal profiles to business profiles.
On a number of occasions our users reported that even after they go through the steps outlined above to convert their personal Instagram to business and then reconnect both Instagram and Facebook in Social Report - they are still faced with a screen that does not show the Instagram Business Profile they're wanting to connect.
After working with several users we have concluded that for some reason conversion of Instagram profiles to business sometimes does not work on the first try.
Here are the steps that seem to do the trick:
- Go to your mobile device, login to this Instagram profile and convert it back to personal.
- Once again on your mobile device convert Instagram to business once more.
- IF IT DOES NOT - there is something going on with converting to business from Instagram app. You may want to repeat this again. DO NOT use this Facebook settings page to connect Instagram. Instagram should have already been showing.
- IF IT DOES - all good! Please return to your Social Report account and reconnect the Instagram business profile by clicking on "+" and selecting Instagram Business Profile.
If all works well, your Instagram Business Profile should show on the list and the Publish column should show "Yes" for your Instagram Business Profile.
If at ANY point, you receive an error message from the Instagram app during conversion, please take a screenshot and contact our support team for guidance on your next steps.
Check out this video tutorial for a more detailed guide:
Instagram is still working on their publishing and as a result few limitations do apply:
- While you can include the links in posts—they won't be clickable
- Currently only one image can be posted
- Images must be within 0.8 to 1.91 aspect ratio range
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Instagram is actively working on it and will add more features soon. Stay tuned for future updates.